Tuesday 29 May 2012

Plastering

First thing i done was put on my P.P.E, gloves, googles,and steel toe capped boots. After that i got all my equipment out. this was 3 buckets a hawk and a plastering trowel. one bucket was clean water to mix up the plaster the other one was again clean water and the last one was dirty water. I then started to mix up the plaster with pouring the plaster into the clean bucket and mixing it with a mixing stick and finishing it off with a paddle connected to a battery drill. I then poured the plaster out of the bucket onto a table and washed the bucket out ready for the next mix. i then put a certain amount of plaster onto my hawk, and loaded my wall. Routhly 5 minutes later i smoothed it over with the trowel. once the first coat had dried a final coat was applied wich gives a smooth finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment