Monday 10 October 2011

Bricklaying

I had to lay a 4 length brick pyramid, to ensure that I knew the basics,  I had to mark out a straight line on the floor to lay the bricks on and to make sure i got a straight line then i had to lay the first course of bricks (4) then check all the measurments were correct and i then layed the next 3 bricks and checked them. Then i layed 2 bricks and checked that all the bricks were plum then i layed the final 1 brick and checked all the measurments on all the bricks. When all the bricks were layed i had to use a spirit level to make sure that the bricks were plum and all level. I then used a gauge rod to ensure that the bricks were the exact height for the amount of bricks that i had layed. once them were layed they got checked by John ( teacher). I then had to tidy and put all the bricks and tools away and clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment